The Women's Specialists of Fayette
Obstetricians & Gynecologists located in Fayetteville, GA & Peachtree City, GA
Have you been trying to conceive for months, or even years, without success? Infertility is generally defined as trying to get pregnant without success for six months. If you’re looking for answers about infertility, The Women's Specialists of Fayette in Fayetteville, Georgia, can help. Their team provides treatments to stimulate ovulation, performs intrauterine insemination, and beyond. To see if they can help you, call or schedule a consultation online.
Infertility Q & A
What is infertility?
If you’ve been trying to conceive for a while, but you’re having a hard time becoming pregnant, you may be experiencing infertility. Infertility is generally diagnosed if you’ve been trying to get pregnant for at least six months without success.
Infertility arises for many reasons. You may have irregular menstrual cycles that make it difficult for you to conceive. Or you may have an underlying medical condition, such as endometriosis.
What are my options for infertility treatment?
Depending on your age, cause and how long you have been having fertility problems, you doctor at The Women’s Specialists of Fayette may recommend one of the following options:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) that involves placing healthy sperm into your uterus when you’re ovulating naturally or with help from fertility medications
- Ovulation induction that involves the use of fertility medications to stimulate ovulation
- hCG injections containing synthetic human chorionic gonadotropin that stimulates ovulation
When should I seek help for infertility?
You should see your doctor at The Women’s Specialists of Fayette for testing and treatment options if you and your partner have:
- Tried to get pregnant for at least six months without success
- You’re between ages 35-40
You should also contact your doctor at The Women's Specialists of Fayette if you’re over age 40 and have been trying for more than a year to conceive. It’s also a good idea to get help for infertility if you’ve experienced any of the following:
- Irregular or no periods
- Painful periods
- Multiple miscarriages
In some cases, an underlying medical condition may be the source of your infertility.
Why am I experiencing infertility?
Infertility affects men and women. The causes of female infertility may include:
- Ovulation disorders, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine or cervical abnormalities preventing fertilized eggs from implanting
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Damaged or blocked Fallopian tubes
Early menopause, occurring before age 40, is another common cause of infertility.
How is infertility treated?
Your doctor at The Women’s Specialists of Fayette creates a treatment plan based on your personal situation. They take into account such factors as your age, the amount of time you’ve been trying to conceive, and the cause of your infertility. Then, they may recommend:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI): healthy sperm are inserted into your uterus when you’re ovulating naturally or with help from fertility medications
- Ovulation induction: using fertility medications to stimulate ovulation
- hCG injections: injections of synthetic human chorionic gonadotropin to stimulate ovulation
Your doctor walks you through the benefits and drawbacks of these options and answers all of your questions. Because each infertility treatment comes with varying success rates, you’ll want to carefully consider which option is best for you.
If you’ve been trying to start or add to your family for six months or more, get the answers you deserve today. Call The Women's Specialists of Fayette or book a consultation online to learn about your infertility treatment options.
3D Ultrasoundsmore info
Annual Exammore info
Birth Controlmore info
STD Testingmore info
Urinary Incontinencemore info
Uterine Fibroidsmore info
Vaginal Drynessmore info
Vaginal Infectionmore info
MonaLisa Touchmore info
C Sectionmore info